Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stay Where You Belong



I jest you not!





















When I first saw an email for "An Officer & a Gentleman - The Musical" in my inbox, I deleted it without opening thinking the email was junk.  Now that I've received another one I've taken the time to open it and cannot believe that this is for real ... the movie, An Officer & a Gentleman as a musical.  Seriously?
















Maybe people had the same reaction to hearing Victor Hugo's Les Miserables and T S Eliot's Old Possums Book of Practical Cats were now going to be rocking the West End as musicals?  I'm not sure.  I just want to laugh to think this movie will be played out live on stage.  Probably because I can't stand the movie in the first place; over-hyped schmalzy 80's love story with a huge power ballad starring Richard Gere, who I still can't see what all the fuss is about with him.

What about you?  Do you love a musical?  Or are you the kind of person who grabs the remote and fast forwards through "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"?



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. There's something strange about musicals. Having said that, they seem to make people happy. And there's certainly an 'art' to writing musical numbers. PG Wodehouse wrote a lot of lyrics for musicals, so in that respect I give them some kudos.

    Richard Gere has always been over-rated in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you share my thoughts on Richard Gere, MMMC. I do love a musical though; Les Mis, Mary Poppins, Cats, Annie Get Your Gun (yes, the cheesy ones too) but this one is not high on my priority list. I'm also not a big fan of the over played power ballad. Tune out! Just googled Wodehouse & didn't know he was one of the writers of Anything Goes, the first musical I saw at QPAC. Gotta love a musical with a tap number!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Stop by again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...